Almiral de la font, meaning "admiral of the (water) spring", enjoys huge grounds whose grapes are used for its own wine and cava and for Freixenet and Cordoniu. Amongst the 14 kilometres of private tracks you will also find pear, olive, cherry, walnut and almond trees in addition to many naturally growing herbs and vegetables (asparagus, rosemary and mushrooms).
The house, a protected building and fortified masia, was built before 1592 and was extended in 1800. It has been and continues to be a significant landmark in the Garraf area and was formerly used for winemaking and farming. Though totally renovated and adapted to a high standard of modern comfort, the original details have been preserved, in particular the wine presses and bodega. The windows have been enlarged to allow in more natural light. Balconies and terraces have been added.
- Prices include 7-night rental of main building available from Saturday to Saturday
**Please note these are 2009 pricing**
- In low or medium season, daily or weekend rates may be available
- For large gatherings or weddings a supplement may be charged.
- Cottage price 165 per night, with a 3 night minimum
- Price reductions may be available for parties smaller than 12
- Prices for photographic and film shoots on request
Living room notes:
Surround sound plasma screen home cinema
4 twin/double rooms
3 suites with 2 or 3 bedrooms and each with king-size beds and double sofa beds
Master suite with king sized double bed and double sofa bed in seating area
All rooms have ensuite
(Additional Cottage on property available sleeps 4 - not included in cost)
Each room has ensuite
Onsite facility notes:
- Snooker/ pool room
- Childrens play-room
- Table tennis and
- basketball net
- Outdoor Tables with parasols
- Barbecue area and Moroccan chill-out lounge
- Scandinavian fireplace lounge
- Swimming Pool (solar heated, 18.6 x 6 metres)
- Childrens Pool
- Jacuzzi/Hot tub
- State of the art home cinema
Almiral de la Font's location provides easy access to a variety of things to do and see. We can provide more information about the local sights and activities.
- 2 km to tennis club, 6km to golf course (4 other courses within 30 kms), 3 km to riding club, short drive to wine and cava cellars
- Sitges has many festivals all year round
- Mountain biking and hiking from your doorstep
- Painting in peaceful quiet and seclusion
The beautiful beaches of Sitges are a short 10 minute drive away. There are 17 different beaches along the 4 km stretch. Beaches in front of the main town have sun beds, umbrellas, showers, bars and pedallos available.
The promenade that runs the length of the beaches is popular for summer evening strolls and perfect for rollerblading or biking on its smooth surface
One of the most popular European destinations, Barcelona is only 30 minutes away. Barcelona is Spains most cosmopolitan city and is best known for its Gaudi architecture, pulsating night life and avenues for strolling along. There is plenty of family fun, with an excellent aquarium, IMAX cinema and shopping malls
Only 45 minutes away is Port Aventura, the second biggest theme park in Europe. Set up by Universal Studios, it has one of the fastest roller coasters and rides for all ages
Garraf Nature Park
The Garraf Park is one of the best nature parks around Barcelona. The park has excellent walking or biking paths, and is a highlight for anyone interested in wildlife. A Tibetan Buddhist Monastery is located in the middle of the park
Some of the best European golf courses are easily accessible from the masia. The closest is Terramar Golf Club in Sitges
There are 3 ports within 15 minutes of the Masia: Port Ginesta, Aiguadolc and Garraf. The ports themselves, especially Aiguadolc, are worth visiting to walk around in the evening with bars and fish restaurants serving delicious paella and the local fideo (noodles).
Pacha, one of the biggest nightclub owners in Spain with clubs in Ibiza, Marbella and Madrid have one of their first discotheques in Sitges. There is a good mixture of nationalities, people and ages which makes for a very relaxed atmosphere.
The Penedès wine region is one of the most famous in Spain and is on our doorstep. Until the 19th century Penedès was fundamentally a red wine area and it was only at this time that big firms around Sant Sadurni such as Codorniu and Freixenet started using French methods for making champagne.
Now, of around 26,000 cultivated hectars in the region, 80% are made up of the three classic types of Cava: Macabeo, Parellada and Xarello.
Of the other 20%, made up of red and white wines, perhaps the most famous names of the area are Miguel A. Torres and Jean León. But the area is known also for its individual style and wines made up from small firms such as Can Ràfols dels Caus, Can Feixes and Albet i Noya. Also some of the wines from the Garraf are worth trying.
One way of touring the Penedes area is to divide the tours into three following the 3 different types of grapes used:
- Ruta Macabeu - mainly found in central Penedes around Sant Sadurni (35 minutes from the house), centre of Cava and where there is a yearly cava festival in the middle of October. The tour includes Codorníu, Freixenet and Raventós i Blanc and a family run cava called Torelló Llompart.
- Ruta Xarello - starts at the village of Lavern where you can see bodegas such as Duart i Sió, Can Robira, Ventura Llopart de la Costa.
- Ruta Parellada - Sat Martí Sarroca, Pontons, Torrelles de Foix and all the other villages around Vilafranca (20 minutes from the house) there are cavas to visit such as Finca Rovellats, Can Nadall and Can Torres.
If Sant Sadurni is the capital of cava in the region, Vilafranca is the capital of wine with a good wine museum and the impressive bodega of Miguel Torres.
Gated car parking for over twelve cars
By Car from Barcelona or Tarragona:
- Take the C32 motorway to Sitges
- Exit at junction 28 (St. Pere De Ribes (Est))
- Off the motorway at the roundabout, take the first exit which is the turning to Vilafranca / Olivella
- then take the first exit towards Olivella - a slipway which climbs above the underpass to a roundabout
- At the roundabout, take the second exit towards Olivella.
- After 500 metres, take the first right turn (unmade road signposted Pineda Park), where you will pass the Can Lloses restaurant to your left. Follow signs for Ca l´Almirall de la Font.
- Continue upwards for about 1.7 kilometres (do not turn off at Calle Almiral which is a dead end.) When you see a fork in the road, keep to the left
- Right at the top, the road goes in front of the Masia. You will see the large gates directly ahead of you
... read more »
|Start date||End date||Weekly rate||Week night rate||Weekend night||Minimum stay|
|13 Jun 2013||30 Aug 2013||17,000 ||n/a||n/a||2 nights|
|31 Aug 2013||25 Oct 2013||12,000 ||n/a||n/a||2 nights|
|26 Oct 2013||31 Dec 2013||8,000 ||n/a||n/a||2 nights|
|Miscellaneous||Cleaning supplement (for pet(s)) € 0 /night|
|Local leisure activities||
Cycling, Mountain Biking, Watersports, Surfing, Windsurfing, Fishing, Swimming pool, Golf, Tennis, Horse riding, Sailing, Walking, Beach
|Nearest points of interest||
Amazing place to host an event. From start to finish our experience was flawless!
We stayed at almiral De La Font with Family and friends for our wedding. The whole week was magical! The location is stunning and you can never get bored of the view! There is so much to do at the villa you don't really want to go anywhere else and there is always another bit of the villa to discover!
The mosty amazing thing about the villa is that although it ishuge and beautiful it is also homely and makes you feel instantly at home and relaxed.
A week in my life I will never ever forget!
Fantastic Masia and excellent location (30' from Barcelona, 10' from Sitges).
Dificult to find a house like this in today's Catalunya. Excellent architecture.
Fabulous and rich in all it's details.
The photos on the web site don't really do the house justice. The rooms are all so comfortable and individual, it gives you a feeling of being completely relaxed. The location is great, with wonderful views. The staff too were helpful and very friendly. We had over 60 people at our wedding, and about twenty slept over, and the house accommodated them easily. All our guests had a great time, thanks, Phil and anja.
We were celebrating a private function and were impressed by the venue. The entire house is furnished with style and you can feel the neverending hours of work which were and are continuously spent to make this place as it is.
The personality of Paul (the owner) gives this place a very sympathic touch.
Thanks for everything and we hope to come back soon !
We celebrated my parents 50th wedding anniversary with family from around the world ranging from 1-80 years old and I can say we all had a great time. The place was spacious, beautiful, and perfect for a family get together. It would be great to go their with friends as well. Rooms were lovely, Paul and his team were wonderful, the Riojas were juicy and the chef services provided by Gillian, Graham and Willie were amazing. We had a different cuisine every night and loved every meal. Would come back again and stay, especially now that the Euro is finally where it should be against the dollar.
Paul ChristoforouView owner website
The contents of this form will be sent direct by email to the advertiser and is only to be used to enquire about booking this property. You should be notified within 30 seconds that it has been sent. Pureholidayhomes also keeps an archive copy as a back-up for advertisers. Any other use constitutes an abuse of pureholidayhomes systems. You may also receive our email newsletters targeted to your interests by pureholidayhomes. You can reference to our privacy statement for more information.